Four civilians and a BSF Jawan were killed along with 12 others injured when the Pakistan rangers shelled villages and the Border out Posts (BoPs) in Jammu today. This is the third day since the Pakistani troops are shelling and firing alongside the IB in Jammu frontier. The affected areas are Bishnah, R S Pura and the Arnia sectors of Jammu and the troops resorted to heavy mortar shelling and firing since 0100 hrs in these areas.
The jawan was 28 year old and was badly injured. He lost his life while he was being taken to the GMC hospital. Sitaram Upadhya, the Jawan, hails from Jharkhand and joined the force in 2011. Further, the following are the details of the unfortunate incident:
- Along with Sitaram Upadhyaya, an assistant Sub Inspector suffered a splinter injury as well.
- In the heavy shelling by Pakistan, a Jawan and four civilians were killed and the firing left 12 people injured.
- R S Pura police is using bulletproof vehicle to evacuate the people of the place and to take the injured people to the hospital.
- To fight this, the administration has activated the shelter set up.
- By attempting this shelling, Pakistan has violated the ceasefire and the troops foiled four infiltration bids along the IB since May 12.