According to me, yes!
Digital Marketing is a good career.
I have been working in this field for the past 2 years and I can see the opportunities which are lying in front of me. But never think of this field as easy. This field is not easy and it’s going to take time for you to master the skills of Digital Marketing.
Basic skills required for pursuing a career in Digital Marketing
- Good Writing Skills: You should have good writing skills because many of the jobs in Digital Marketing requires you to write content for the client or company in which you are working. But it doesn’t mean that you cannot acquire these skills. With practice, you will be able to write efficiently.
- Basic technical knowledge: A basic understanding of technology is required because in Digital Marketing, we are dealing with the Digital Mediums on daily basis. If you don’t understand how your customers are using technology, then you will probably never be going to get the customers.
- Reading skills: Digital Marketing skills cannot be learnt in specific amount of time. You must keep on reading and enhance your knowledge almost every day.
Daily task of Digital Marketing Professional
Digital Marketer’s daily task includes working on various aspects of online marketing such as SEO (Search Engine Marketing), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMM (Social Media Marketing) etc.
Apart from this, Digital Marketer must plan all the Digital Marketing activities and execute it efficiently on daily basis to get better results soon.
Pay Scale for Digital Marketing Jobs
Pay scale for Digital Marketing newbies is good, a fresher Digital Marketer having good skills can earn from somewhere between 2 to 7 lacs per year, depending upon his level of expertise.
On the other hand, one can earn a lot of money from freelancing work. Although, freelancing is not much developed in India, but it has a lot of scope in the present scenario.
How to get started in Digital Marketing?
One can get started in this field by taking a Digital Marketing Course online. I personally have tried 4-5 different websites for learning Digital Marketing online and below I am listing the same for you:
- Digital Marketing Course in Association with Google by Manipal ProLearn
- Online Digital Marketing Courses in Udemy
- 100 Day Blogging Course by Digital Deepak
- Digital Marketing Course offered by Digital Scholar Institute in Chennai (started by Sorav Jain)
- EduPristine’s Digital Marketing Course
Out of these 4 courses, my favourite is the one offered by Manipal ProLearn. The reason why I am so obsessed with Manipal are the following:
- Comprehensive Course Content
- 12+ Hours of Simulated Training (Practicing in real-time environment)
- Joint Certification from Manipal ProLearn & Google India.
I hope this article has provided you with all the details you needed to start your career in Digital Marketing.
Do let me know whether you are going to learn Digital Marketing or not in the comment section below.
Be the first to comment on "Is Digital Marketing a Good Career?"